STARTING

1994 Volvo 960

jbizzy84

March, 21, 2011 AT 5:13 PM

I have a 1994 volvo 960 and problem is once you drive it and turn it off, it won't restart until the engine is completely cool. What could be my problem

Wiring Issue?

Martin Savard

March, 21, 2011 AT 6:09 PM

When you try to start the car when it is warm does the stater crank or nothing happens? What is the situation exactly engine cranks but dosnt start? No crank at all?Clicking sound? Give more details but for now it could be many things.

April, 14, 2011 AT 10:29 PM

Next time it refuses to start don't wait for it to make up its mind-do below immediately to determine if its fuel or spark problem

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if okay-check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing.

Clutch/Flywheel/Rear Main Seal Replacement
Brake Pad/rotor Replacement - Front
Engine Oil Change and Filter Ford Super Duty
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet Tahoe
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet Cruze
Oil Change and Filter Replacement Toyota
Front Pad-Rotor Replacement Subaru Legacy