FORGOT HOW THE WIRES GO ON THE STARTER?

• Jonsmith8608
  • 1994 VOLVO 850

In my 1994 850 I know the little one goes on the little terminal how does the other 3 go? Forgot to mark them?

Tuesday, March 20th, 2012 AT 4:28 PM

• Docfixit

Two red on large terminal green small wire on solenoid

Tuesday, March 20th, 2012 AT 6:07 PM
  • Jonsmith8608

Ok but I have another wire which is the same size as the green one and it has a thing on end to go on stud with the power cables is that right? I changed the starter and it tries to start but wont fire up

Tuesday, March 20th, 2012 AT 6:13 PM
  • Docfixit

Wiring diagram only shows two red and one green. You say 4 wires? What color is this wire?

Tuesday, March 20th, 2012 AT 6:29 PM
  • Jonsmith8608

Its like grey or black the starter is working it just doesnt want to fire up now

Tuesday, March 20th, 2012 AT 6:45 PM
  • Docfixit

Only three wires are shown. Where does wire go? Can you find what it connects to? Have you checked for spark at plugs? And does fuel pump opertae?

Tuesday, March 20th, 2012 AT 8:16 PM
  • Jonsmith8608

Ok see if you can answer this for me ok I put a brand new starter in when we try to start it it acts slike I tneeds more fuel to start after fighting it stepping on gas pedal alot when cranking it fires up it has fuel pressure in the rail it ran good and started up good for a day and last night it did it again what could this be? And what is the cylynder looking thing that is right next the the throttle cable and pcv valve?

Thursday, March 22nd, 2012 AT 5:01 PM
  • Docfixit

Whats happining? Been away cylinder should be Idle speed controler any idle issues? No problem till starter R&R? What was forth wire?

Wednesday, April 11th, 2012 AT 2:37 PM