94 VOVLO 2.4 L

1994 Volvo 850

frankjb

April, 29, 2011 AT 8:47 PM

Little to no throtle responce

Throttle Problem

Docfixit

April, 29, 2011 AT 8:55 PM

Could you throw us a bone and provide a little more info?

frankjb

April, 29, 2011 AT 9:45 PM

Instaled new feul pump. Car runs but when you give it gas ithas very little response

frankjb

April, 29, 2011 AT 9:47 PM

I can run down the road at 65 but acts like it is getting no fuel and has no power

JIS001

May, 1, 2011 AT 10:23 PM

Have you had it scanned for any trouble codes? Also why did you do the fuel pump in the first place? What is the fuel pressure at? Should be about 43 psi at ide.

frankjb

May, 3, 2011 AT 3:38 AM

No I am in a remote location to have the codes checked and the old pump had no pressure the new one has the correct pressure

JIS001

May, 4, 2011 AT 2:54 AM

Here are some instructions for you to retrieve the codes for the ignition and fuel system. See if you can retrieve the codes yourself and post them on here?

ON-BOARD DIAGNOSTICS EZ-129K IGNITION SYSTEM

Each of the control modules incorporates Volvo Diagnostics, which continuously monitor the input and output signals. In the event of a fault which affects the exhaust emission levels, the Ignition Control Module (ICM ) will activate the MIL (Check engine lamp) on the combined instrument. Fault tracing may be carried out either with the Scan Tool or by means of the three test modes, which can be accessed through socket "6" on DLC "A".

Diagnostic test modes (DTM): Mode 1 Displays Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC s) (if any are stored)
Mode 2 Acknowledges component operation
Mode 3 Operates components in a given, predetermined sequence
TROUBLE CODE DISPLAY - IGNITION SYSTEM (DI)
The DI system diagnostics can be accessed through socket number 6 on DLC A when the ignition is switched ON.

Under the hood will be the diagnostic box (see image below)

On diagnostic box "A" insert the jumper wire to socket #6 and press the button once. The LED light will begin to flash a 3 digit code. One flash would be "1" two fast flashes would be "2" and three fast flashes would be "3" so in this example your code would be 1-2-3

On same diagnostic box "A" after you retrieve the codes put the jumper wire on socket 2 and do the same thing. Write down the numbers and post them on here to see what is going on? Let me know if this makes sense?

Easily Clean Your Throttle Bore Like a Pro
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Toyota
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
 Oil Change & Filter Ford Explorer 2000-2005
Air Filter Replacement Honda Accord