ENGINE NOISE

• morcelle
  • 1994 Toyota Landcruiser
  • 174 miles

Hi,
i have a 94 Land Cruiser, starts with a engine noise, I went to the mechanic and he told me the noise is under valve cover. He said probably is the cam bearings caps so i'll like know if this is possible? I don't want waste my time and money.
Thank you

Friday, August 17th, 2012 AT 3:18 PM

• KHLow2008

Without opening up you would not know what is wrong. There is a possibility adjusting the valves would solve the problem.

Friday, August 17th, 2012 AT 3:25 PM
  • ASEMaster6371

Could be but you need someone to remove the valve cover and make sure of the failure instead of guessing

Friday, August 17th, 2012 AT 3:57 PM
  • morcelle

Thank you for your fast answers, i'll wait for the final revision without valve cover and I come back. Thank you again

Friday, August 17th, 2012 AT 4:50 PM
  • mhpautos

Very rear for cam caps to fail, only if you have had a low oil pressure problem would you expect this, possibly valve clearance's are getting a little excessive or a possible broken valve spring can also cause a sudden rattle to start.

Sunday, August 19th, 2012 AT 2:50 AM