ENGINE NOISE

1994 Toyota Landcruiser

morcelle

August, 17, 2012 AT 3:18 PM

Hi,
i have a 94 Land Cruiser, starts with a engine noise, I went to the mechanic and he told me the noise is under valve cover. He said probably is the cam bearings caps so i'll like know if this is possible? I don't want waste my time and money.
Thank you

August, 17, 2012 AT 3:25 PM

Without opening up you would not know what is wrong. There is a possibility adjusting the valves would solve the problem.

August, 17, 2012 AT 3:57 PM

Could be but you need someone to remove the valve cover and make sure of the failure instead of guessing

morcelle

August, 17, 2012 AT 4:50 PM

Thank you for your fast answers, i'll wait for the final revision without valve cover and I come back. Thank you again

mhpautos

August, 19, 2012 AT 2:50 AM

Very rear for cam caps to fail, only if you have had a low oil pressure problem would you expect this, possibly valve clearance's are getting a little excessive or a possible broken valve spring can also cause a sudden rattle to start.

Engine Oil Change and Filter Saturn LS1