STARTER WIRE CONNECTION

1994 Toyota 4Runner

chuckyd

December, 22, 2010 AT 1:26 AM

1994 Toyota 4 runner in great shape with a dealer rebuilt v6 about 25k on new motor. I turn the key it clicks at the starter. After finding the starter most well hidden ive ever found lots of oily junk on it. Did I say this is 4 wheel drive. Pretty much by feel and slight visual I slip my fingers around starter checking for loose connections, main lug tight little wire very oily I think it is some sort of plug not a wire lug with a little 7/32 or so nut. Anyway I move it some cant figure how to unplug it, ask girlfriend to turn the key it starts. I would love some advice. I plan on spraying starter and side of motor with mean green or purple stuff. Thanks for listening.

saturntech9

December, 22, 2010 AT 2:28 AM

Look's like the nut to that wire is loose bad starter or loose ring terminal on the wire.
NOTE: Some Toyota models have an access plate in the fender well to facilitate starter service. Check for such an access point before beginning starter service.

NOTICE: Before changing the starter, check the following items again.

* Connector connection
* Accessory installation (for example: Theft deterrent system)

STARTER REMOVAL

1. DISCONNECT NEGATIVE TERMINAL CABLE FROM BATTERY
2. DISCONNECT WIRES FROM STARTER

1. Remove the nut and disconnect the battery cable from the magnetic switch on the starter motor.
2. Disconnect the other wire from terminal 50.

3. REMOVE STARTER MOTOR

Remove the 2 mounting bolts, and remove the starter motor from flywheel bellhousing.

rumpledfoeskin

February, 7, 2014 AT 8:20 PM

Im having same problem with an 88 toy v6 4/4. If you get your problem figured out, please e-mail me @ clem43@outlook. Com thank. I will do same.

Starter Replacement
Starter Motor Replacement Ford Mustang
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006