TIMING 1.6 LITER 16 VALVE,

1994 Suzuki Aerio

shvlhead68

November, 15, 2010 AT 6:26 PM

Thanks for the help on the timing marks, now I need to know if there is a wire that needs to be grounded to set the timing on the distributor. Most cars with EGO and no vacuum advance have a wire that you ground to set the timing. My cheap Hanes manual doesn't say, and it seems to be retarded too much by just using the timing light. So is there a wire that needs grounded, and if so, what does it look like and where is it?

November, 15, 2010 AT 6:47 PM

There should be a 4 pin connector near the battery that is covered with a plastic/rubber cap.

By bridging terminal C and D you can check the igniton timing and adjust according ly.

C = ground and D = test switch wire.

Sorry I am not able to post any diagrams as the new set-up does have any features to do it.

shvlhead68

November, 15, 2010 AT 10:46 PM

There is a 4 pin connector in front of the battery and jumping c and d doesn't do anything. The manual also says to jump b and c to get the check engine to flash the codes. That doesn't do anything, either. Any ideas?

November, 16, 2010 AT 12:35 PM

Bridging C and D would not show anything significant. It would only stop the PCM from self adjusting the ignition timing while you are checking. Adjusting the distributor.

Spark Plug and Wire Replacement Chevrolet
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Spark Plug Replacement Honda Element