4X4 WAGON BRAKE SYSTEM

1994 Subaru Loyale

mijdad

February, 16, 2011 AT 3:41 PM

This car has hillside assist clutch, I recently purchased this car and the hill assist cable was unhooked. The car worked fine for about a month then the right front caliper locked up. I took it to local garage put new reman caliper and new rotor and new hose on right front. Mechanic said he hooked hill assist cable up and didnt think it made a difference. Took car home same caliper locked up took it back and he bled the brakes again front and rear. Kept and drove it local and it would lock up then release then said the e brake didnt work then it would?

kevinburn

December, 12, 2011 AT 5:23 PM

Has the same problem. I removed the caliper and twisted the piston into the bore until it bottomed out. If you dont have a special tool to twist the piston you can use a pair of very tough needle nose pliers. This fixed the problem. Thank goodness for my Haynes repair manual!

Axle Bearing, Seal, E-Brake Shoes, Brake Pads
Parking Brake Shoe Replacement Chevy Tahoe
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front