Car Will not start

ZR1RVP
  • 1994 OPEL ASTRA
I have an Opel Astra 160ie 1996 model. Car's been driving fine all these years and one morning turned the ignition, idled for about 2 seconds, then stalled. Tried starting her again but engine just swings. Removed injectors and gave it a thorough cleaning. Tried starting againg, just swings. Removed spark plugs and replaced with new ones and she just does the same thing. Removed spark plugs and found that all are soaked with fuel. Removed Injector power leads and car idles for about +- 2 seconds (probably because of fuel that is in the cylinders). Attached power leads and car just won't start. Checked relay (Right side foot well)Seems to be fine. 12 Volts on injector leads(Ignition on). Spark plugs are firing. Fuel and pressure in fuel rail. Timing is in. My question is. What controls the power to the injectors.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

TNX: Craig (zr1rvp)
Saturday, August 27th, 2011 AT 12:58 PM

The injector driver controls the power to the injectors you probably have one injector that is shorted causing all of them to stay on. The firing order is 1-3-4-2 if you need it

Here is a guide to help you see how to test the injector.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-test-a-fuel-injector

Please let us know what you find.

Cheers
+5
Saturday, August 27th, 2011 AT 8:13 PM
KILLROYJ
Hi rasmataz, I have the exact same problem as Craig. I have a opel astra 96 model 14i fuel injection and it also was driving fine and the next moment it stalls. I see that you repleid he must check the injector driver circuit of the computer can you maybe tell me where I could find it? Thx in advance
+4
Monday, September 26th, 2011 AT 9:32 PM
EDDSANDT
Hi edmund opel 16i 1998 model starting problem checked everything petrol on the spark plugs want to start so I followed the guide above and found the #3 injector has shorted once I replaced it the engine starts up and runs great.
+2
Sunday, March 4th, 2018 AT 8:45 AM