I have a 1994 Oldsmobile Regency Ninty-eight

WARREN1969
  • 1994 OLDSMOBILE 98
  • 140 MILES

I have a 1994 Oldsmobile Regency Ninty-eight. I replaced the harmonic balancer with a used harmonic balancer from pick and pull. BEFORE I replaced the harmonic balancer the car ran fine (but was just noisy). AFTER I replaced the harmonic balancer the car will only turn over but will not fire and is not getting gas.
I was told maybe the harmonic balancer was not the right one, so I put the old one back on. But, still nothing. The car just turns over but will not fire and is not getting gas. I checked all fuses & all good. NOTE--before I took the old harmonic balancer off the car ran fine just make noise from the harmonic balancer that was broke. Someone please please please help me. I cannot get my children to school now.

Thursday, January 24th, 2013 AT 3:25 AM

ASEMASTER6371

You may have damaged the crank sensor in the repair. Re check your work to be sure

Please consider a donation if we helped you
Thursday, January 24th, 2013 AT 3:27 AM