DO YOU PULL MOTER TO PUT TIMEING CHAIN IN

• EVANNEAL
  • 1994 NISSAN STANZA

I TRIED TAKEN THE TIME COVER OFF IN THE CAR AND IT LOOKS LIKE I HAVE NO ROOM TO GET IT OFF REALLY? THAT IS WHY I ASKED. THANKS FOR UR HELP

Thursday, September 22nd, 2011 AT 2:03 AM

• DrCranknWrench

You should not have to pull the motor. You may have to remove the motor mount on the timing belt side and lossen the others while supporting the engine. When you support the engine, use a broad piece of wood on your jack on the oil pan as the jack itself or a slim piece of wood will dmage the pan. Usually you do not have to support the engine with the pan and can find a place on the block to place a floor jack.
Once you have it supported, you may have to remove a part of the inner fender well on that side and then drop that side of the motor till you get enoguh clearance. ONLY drop it enough to get clearance.
Be very carefule doing this and make sure the car is wheel chocked and you use jack stands.
Move the jack slowly and you may find lifting it a little will work better. KEEP IN MIND YOU HAVE HASES AND OTHER PARTS THAT ONLY HAVE A LIMITED AMOUNT OF SLACK. Allowing or moving the engine too much will cause damage. So go SLOW.

Thursday, September 22nd, 2011 AT 2:14 AM