JUST RECENTLY PURCHASED THIS VEHICLE LAST SUNDAY

1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT

3Schopstix

November, 15, 2012 AT 2:18 AM

Just recently purchased this vehicle last Sunday. Diagnosed an issue which is the power steering. I knew/was told the power steering was having problems didn't know how bad till I had it on the pavement when I got it to the destination. I poured some in the reservoir started up the vehicle cranked the wheel left and right for a minute and then shut the car off and saw only the fluid dripping right above the flex pipe of the muffler. I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with this if it is either the rack and pinion or pressure line. Any input to these two discrepancies would be great since my two uncles of back yard mechanics don't have the "time" to help i'd like to get these done as soon as possible to have something on the road. And what is the difficulty of this repair scale 1-10

Rack And Pinion

Rack&pinion

November, 15, 2012 AT 3:45 AM

We cant see or touch it so we can give you general ideas/

the hoses are a real possibility and so is the rack. You need a shop to pin point the leak for you.

Both repairs are about a 6

3Schopstix

November, 17, 2012 AT 9:08 PM

Yea I know =/ well I did get the car propped up and found the leak. Its one of the lines that runs from the steering the other end near the passenger its right above the flex its old and rusty and just seen it oozing out would you happen to know what that line is called?

3Schopstix

November, 17, 2012 AT 10:28 PM

Would I have to replace the whole rack and pinion or is there any way to replace JUST that line

Power Steering Box Replacement Chevy Tahoe
Steering Intermediate Shafts Replacement
Power Steering Fluid Flush Chevrolet Blazer
Power Steering Fluid Change Kia Sportage
Power Steering Fluid Check Acura TSX