TRIO THE CAR CRANKS BUT WON'T START

1994 Mercury Tracer

ellyng

April, 29, 2012 AT 1:46 AM

I have a 1994 mercury tracer trio. The car cranks but won't start, i've changed the fuel filter, timing belt, spark plugs, spark plug wires, transmission coil, and crank shaft position sensor. Still nothing. Can you tell me anything else it could be. We're getting fuel to the engine, and we've done timing belt and did all spark we can think of, but we're also not getting blue spark. I don't know what else to do

Jacobandnickolas

April, 29, 2012 AT 1:51 AM

If you aren['t getting a blue spark, that is most likely the problem. Make sure the fuel pressure is within spec. Check the crank sensor.

ellyng

April, 29, 2012 AT 1:59 AM

I got a brand new crank shaft position sensor. And we're getting fuel. We have no spark. We've replaced the fuel filter, timing belt, spark plugs, spark plug wires, transmission coil, and crank shaft position sensor?

ellyng

April, 29, 2012 AT 2:08 AM

Since I replaced the crank position sensor before I replaced the timing belt, could it have put the crank sensor out of place? Or what do you mean by that? I read that it could do something to it if you replaced it before the timing belt?

April, 29, 2012 AT 2:45 PM

Did you test the ignition coil?

mavericksun

June, 5, 2012 AT 8:45 PM

I agree with the previous answer it has to be the ignition coil module, check the plug with wires at the module these have a bad habit of coming loose and if they do the car will not startmine did this.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right