TRYING TO FIND THE FUEL PUMP RESET SWITCH IN A ...

• scotthewitt
  • 1994 Mazda Lantis

Trying to find the fuel pump reset switch in a 1994 Mazda Lantis (known here in Australia as Astina) V6 5-speed manual. The fuel line does not seem to be blocked or damaged/leaking anywhere, I'm just not getting fuel to the injector bank.

Saturday, January 26th, 2013 AT 5:08 AM

• KHLow2008

Japanese makes do not have any fuel pump reset switches. Did you test the fuel pump and its relay?

Saturday, January 26th, 2013 AT 1:53 PM
  • scotthewitt

Seeming though no-one can tell me the exact location for both the fuel pump relay and the MAIN relay, I'm at a standstill until I can find them.

Friday, February 15th, 2013 AT 11:57 PM
  • KHLow2008

We do not have any information for your vehicle but for Mazda, there are a few locations so you can try them. The fuel pump relay could be located in front of the center console under a panel on the passenger side if it is not found in the engine compartment relay box.

Have you tested the fuel pump?
At the DLC there is a F/P terminal. Apply battery voltage to it and note if the fuel pump works. You might need to turn ignition switch on.

Saturday, February 16th, 2013 AT 5:07 AM
  • scotthewitt

Done and running! After replacing the whole distributor with a brand new unit, I pulled every fuse and every relay out, cleaned all terminals and metal bits, then replaced them all to a tight fit. Put everything else back together to a snug fit, cleaned and tightened the battery terminals, then key in and Varoom! All good now. Thank you for your advice.

Sunday, February 17th, 2013 AT 8:13 AM
  • KHLow2008

Glad to know you have fixed the problem.

Have a nice day.

Monday, February 18th, 2013 AT 12:34 AM