TRYING TO FIND THE FUEL PUMP RESET SWITCH IN A ...

1994 Mazda Lantis

scotthewitt

January, 26, 2013 AT 5:08 AM

Trying to find the fuel pump reset switch in a 1994 Mazda Lantis (known here in Australia as Astina) V6 5-speed manual. The fuel line does not seem to be blocked or damaged/leaking anywhere, I'm just not getting fuel to the injector bank.

Japanese makes do not have any fuel pump reset switches. Did you test the fuel pump and its relay?

scotthewitt

February, 15, 2013 AT 11:57 PM

Seeming though no-one can tell me the exact location for both the fuel pump relay and the MAIN relay, I'm at a standstill until I can find them.

February, 16, 2013 AT 5:07 AM

We do not have any information for your vehicle but for Mazda, there are a few locations so you can try them. The fuel pump relay could be located in front of the center console under a panel on the passenger side if it is not found in the engine compartment relay box.

Have you tested the fuel pump?
At the DLC there is a F/P terminal. Apply battery voltage to it and note if the fuel pump works. You might need to turn ignition switch on.

scotthewitt

February, 17, 2013 AT 8:13 AM

Done and running! After replacing the whole distributor with a brand new unit, I pulled every fuse and every relay out, cleaned all terminals and metal bits, then replaced them all to a tight fit. Put everything else back together to a snug fit, cleaned and tightened the battery terminals, then key in and Varoom! All good now. Thank you for your advice.

February, 18, 2013 AT 12:34 AM

Glad to know you have fixed the problem.

Have a nice day.

Fuel Filter Mount Replacement Chevrolet
Fuel Filter Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Fuel Filter Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Fuel Filter Replacment BMW 525i
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang