WHEN GOING FORWARD WHEN I APPLY BRAKES STEERING ...

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

Anonymous

October, 24, 2012 AT 4:43 PM

When going forward when I apply brakes, steering wheel pulls to left when backing up steering wheel pulls to right. Have repalced the rack and pinion, back bushings, back shocks, both tie rods, front struts, master cylinder, both front calipers, both rotors. New pads all the way around, and maybe something else I can't remember. Why does it do that.

Rack And Pinion

Rack And Pinion

1 IMAGE

caradiodoc

October, 24, 2012 AT 6:55 PM

What about worn lower control arm bushings? That would allow the alignment to change on one wheel which would cause a pull.

If your front suspension uses a single bushing for the lower control arm, and a strut rod, check the strut rod bushings. Sometimes you'll see evidence of the wear in the paint around them worn off.

Any chance some grease got on one of the rotors during the brake service?

Another clue is whether the steering wheel turns when the pull occurs or if it stays straight. Usually it's a brake problem when the steering wheel turns and a suspension problem when the car pulls to one side but the steering wheel stays straight.

Did the pulling start after the brake work was done, or was the work done to address this problem?

Power Steering Box Replacement Chevy Tahoe
Power Steering Fluid Flush Acura MDX 2000-200
Power Steering Fluid Flush Chevrolet Blazer