1994 LINCOLN CONTINENTAL, WITH NO TAIL LIGHTS OR RUNNING LIGHTS.

• brunswicka2
  • 1994 Lincoln Continental

I have checked the headlight switch, the radio powers up but does not make a sound. On Fuse #4 it blows everytime I turn the headlight switch to the parking lights. All of the the tailightss, marker and license plate bulbs were burnt out and I have since changed them all. Is there is a special relay or something that I need to find or test to see if it is shorted out? When I tested out the wires behind the headlight switch I had continuity to brown white, and red yellow. The digital cluster works fine, except the the fuel indicator and oil pressure, battery and, temp gauges are dim, perhaps these are on a dimmer? Thanks in advance for your help.

Wednesday, March 21st, 2012 AT 10:18 PM

• Jacobandnickolas

Check the light sockets to see if there is one shorted. Then you need to back track to find the short.

Wednesday, March 21st, 2012 AT 10:25 PM
  • brunswicka2

I might add that fuse number 4 supplements power to fuses 13 and 15, it also provides power to the rheostat, which controls dimming. I have checked the rheostat and it seemed to be okay. I will also check the light sockets with a meter as suggested, but looking at them visually I didnt notice anything unusual.

Wednesday, March 21st, 2012 AT 10:44 PM