MY LAND ROVER 1994 V8 DISCOVERY DOESN'T START

• ronniewilliam
  • 1994 Land Rover Discovery
  • automatic

My Land Rover 1994 V8 Discovery doesn't start, it cranks but doesn't start, battery is fine, alternator is good but just won't start. The plugs are getting old but are still in position at least to start the car. Any help will be appreciated.

Monday, February 21st, 2011 AT 10:10 PM

• rasmataz

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine at least 3/16 away from ground -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if so, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it

Monday, February 21st, 2011 AT 10:11 PM
  • ronniewilliam

Thanks rasmatz for the guidance, I will do that and let you know how it goes.

Monday, February 21st, 2011 AT 10:18 PM