CRANKING

1994 Jeep YJ

Nate Colson

December, 22, 2010 AT 10:34 PM

1994 jeep wrangler turns over but will not start,

December, 22, 2010 AT 10:43 PM

Do below: Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, Do you hear the fuel pump come On when you turn key on? If not check fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay if so, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing

Nate Colson

December, 22, 2010 AT 11:03 PM

I have changed the Distributor Cap and rotor, spark plugs, ECU, fuel pump, fuel filler, crankshaft sensor, checked all fuses and still I have failed to get the engine to start. Is there any other options.

Nate Colson

December, 22, 2010 AT 11:04 PM

Some one told me to check the auto shutdown relay but I can't find one anywhere

December, 23, 2010 AT 12:46 AM

Did you do the above suggestions if not perform it and comeback with results before we can continue quit throwing things at it-troubleshoot

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe