POWER SEAT

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee

chevy/jeep lover

February, 27, 2011 AT 1:57 AM

I have a 1994 jeep grand cherokee and the passenger seat only goes up, down and tilts back and forward but won't move forward and back. Are there 2 motors per seat and 1 failed or is it something else?

caradiodoc

February, 27, 2011 AT 2:21 PM

There's three motors. Front, rear, and forward / rearward. Switch failure is more common. A quick test is to swap the electrical connectors between two motors to see if a different motor runs. If the same switch is dead, suspect the switch. If the same motor is dead, suspect the motor. You can also measure the voltages on the two wires of the dead motor, but to be accurate the connector must still be plugged in. If you find 12 volts on both wires or 0 volts on both wires when the switch is pressed, it is defective. If you find 0 volts on one wire and 12 volts on the other one, the motor is the problem.

chevy/jeep lover

February, 27, 2011 AT 8:28 PM

Thank you very much. I just bought it and trying to weed out the small problems with the vehicle.

Seat Switch Replacement GMC Yukon
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement