DOES A FRONT DRIVE AXLE TURN IF THE TRANSFER CASE IS BAD

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee

constance01

December, 18, 2011 AT 10:28 PM

I engaged the 4x4 and it was turning

4 Wheel Drive

1 ANSWER

mhpautos

December, 18, 2011 AT 10:39 PM

If the 4x4 lock up is working it will turn, what are the symptoms that make you think that the transfer is faulty?

constance01

December, 19, 2011 AT 1:28 AM

They guy I got it from said the transfer case was bad and he unhooked the front drive axle and I had a friend look at my transfer case and he engaged the 4x4 with the drive line hooked in the case and it was turning but I was under it yesterday and with the engine off the drive line was moving with no problem and I was wandering if that would be a sign if it was bad

mhpautos

December, 19, 2011 AT 1:46 AM

Hard engagement, noisy operation, jumping out of drive, check oil and test drive to see what you find.

constance01

December, 19, 2011 AT 1:53 AM

Ok I will have to hook up the drive line with a new u-joint what would cause it to die in the middle of the road while driving I have replaced the fuel filter and clean the throttle plate and changed the coil on the side of the engine block

mhpautos

December, 19, 2011 AT 2:04 AM

Need to know if any codes in system, did it loose spark, fuel pressure or injector pulse?

constance01

December, 19, 2011 AT 2:11 AM

No codes of lose of spark on injector pulse it just dies then I pull over for a few then she starts after a few seconds I thought the distributor but done check it then I checked the plugs and they are all good and also cleaner the injectors with lucas injector cleaner

mhpautos

December, 19, 2011 AT 2:15 AM

If you have spark, and injector pulse, it will be a problem with the fuel system, either pressure or flow related.

constance01

December, 19, 2011 AT 2:18 AM

Ok I will check the flow and the pressure and see how much flow but it only does it if it is real cold in the morning

Drive Shaft Removal - All Cars
Wheel Bearing Hub Replacement
Transmission Service Ford Super Duty F-250
CV Drive Axle Replacement Nissan Altima