CAN SOMEONE HELP ME SOLVE AN ATF LEAK?

1994 Jeep Cherokee

rodgersjf

January, 24, 2012 AT 2:11 AM

I have a leak coming from my lower transmission line connection to the radiator. I replaced the radiator this week, and I believe the little plastic connector that attaches the line to the spout is cracked. I cannot find a part on the auto parts companies website. Can anyone give me a part number, brand name, or some other information regarding replacing that part? I tried adding an o ring inside the female end of the line to help create a seal, but it did not work.

Jacobandnickolas

January, 24, 2012 AT 2:40 AM

Can you upload a pic for me to see?

January, 24, 2012 AT 3:01 AM

GO TO THIS SITE

http://www.rockauto.com/

PLUG IN YOUR INFO, AS IT ASKS FOR IT

LOOK UNDER "TRANSMISSION-AUTOMATIC",

THEN LOOK UNDER "Oil Cooler Line Connector"

IS THIS WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR?

rodgersjf

January, 24, 2012 AT 3:40 AM

@cj medevac

Thank you, the DORMAN Part # 800750 is the piece I am looking for. I see now that mine is missing the 2 o-rings on the end, so I was on the right track. I will try to match the 2 o-ring or go buy the part tomorrow. Now that I have a part number, I should be able to find one locally. Thanks so much.

January, 24, 2012 AT 3:57 AM

WONDERFUL!

WHEN I HAVE TO GET NIT-PICKY

I USUALLY GO TO NAPA. ALL OF 'EM I'VE EVER GONE INTO GENERALLY HAVE THE "OLD TIMERS" THAT HAVE A LOT OF PARTS EXPERIENCE BEHIND THEM.I DO USE THE POPULAR PLACES TOO, WHEN "I" KNOW EXACTLY WHAT I WANT (WON'T GET MISLED) AND FOR THE PRICES AND LIFETIME WARRANTY. NAPA IS MY LOCAL OUTLET FOR PARTS FOR MY 1946 WILLYS JEEP. OTHER STORES DON'T GO THAT FAR BACK!

LET US KNOW HOW IT GOES!

Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Radiator Hose Replacement - Upper - Chevrolet
Coolant Drain and Refill Scion XD
Radiator Hoses and Thermostat Replacement