I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH FUEL SUPPLY SUSPECTED PUMP...

1994 Jaguar XJ6

Eldel

March, 23, 2013 AT 5:40 PM

I have a problem with fuel supply, suspected pump seized. I have the tank and pump out at last! But think I have an electrical problem. With power applied to the pump itself it works, with the pump connected to the access cap and power applied to the cap connector pins it works, however, with the short piece of cable that goes from the cap connector to the loom connected at the cap, and power applied to the loom connection end it does'nt, and sparks when I touch it. This piece of cable has a rubber sealed lump in the line and I don't know what it is i'm told maybe a resistor, could this be the problem and is there any way I can bypass it or cut it out and reconnect, possibly with a fuse in its place.

March, 23, 2013 AT 5:56 PM

It sounds like the harness is shorted. No bypassing, just do it right

i hope you had the pump in gas testing it. If you did not, then replace the pump before assembling.

Eldel

March, 23, 2013 AT 6:15 PM

Hi Roy, No, did'nt have pump in the tank. When you say do it right, like what, do you think its a resistor and can I cut it open and replace it.

March, 23, 2013 AT 6:17 PM

No, I would look for the harness at the dealer.

Eldel

March, 23, 2013 AT 6:20 PM

OK mate, Cheers.

March, 23, 2013 AT 6:23 PM

Good luck

Change Your Blower Fan Motor Like a Pro
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic