REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
1. Disconnect negative battery cable. Remove air cleaner assembly. Remove upper fan shroud. Remove cooling fan assembly. Remove all accessory drive belts.
2. Remove fan pulley assembly. Remove crankshaft pulley bolt. Using Puller (J-8614-01) or equivalent, remove crankshaft pulley. Remove oil cooler hose from timing cover. Remove timing belt cover. Align all timing marks prior to belt removal. See Fig. 1 and Fig. 2. Remove belt tensioner pusher and timing belt.
1. Ensure all timing marks are aligned. Install belt over one pulley at a time starting at crankshaft sprocket working counterclockwise. Belt should go over tensioner last. Secure belt at each pulley during installation with pinch clips. See Fig. 3.
CAUTION: To ensure correct timing belt installation, ensure direction of rotation arrows are pointing in proper direction. If timing belt is
being reused, install belt in original direction of rotation.
2. Compress timing belt tensioner pusher and insert pin to retain pusher. Apply pressure to tensioner against belt and install tensioner pusher. Tighten bolts to specification.
3. Loosen tensioner pulley bolt. Apply pressure on belt by rotating tensioner. Tighten tensioner pulley bolt to specification. Remove pin from timing belt tensioner pusher.
4. Remove pinch clips from timing belt, (if used). Install crankshaft pulley, tightening center bolt finger tight. Rotate crankshaft 2 turns clockwise. Ensure timing belt tensioner pusher rod protrudes proper amount. See Fig. 4.
5. If timing belt tensioner pusher rod protrusion is not within specification, remove pusher, loosen tensioner pulley bolt and readjust. Reset timing belt tensioner pusher rod and repeat timing belt tensioning procedure. Remove crankshaft pulley and install timing belt cover. To complete installation, reverse removal procedure. Tighten nuts and bolts to specification. Adjust drive belts to proper tension.
Images (Click to enlarge)
Tuesday, December 14th, 2010 AT 3:23 PM