DOES A S HAVE AN INTERNAL OR EXTERNAL VOLTAGE REGULATOR?

1994 Honda Del Sol

94delsol

February, 20, 2012 AT 10:11 PM

When I bought my car the battery had died an when I connected the jumper cables I did it wrong, luckily only the computer fried, or so I thought. Ever since the lights would dimm when I was driving, the car starts good and runs good, ieven have a sound system in it. But I got intocars an have been learning about them and now iknow its a really bad problem. The battery is good and it never dies so im guessing the alternator is working fine, it could only the the voltage regulator, a shorted wire or I don't know what els. The computer and external fues box were replaced and the same battery is on the car. It has an indicator that sais if it has good charge or not and it says it has good charge. Plaese help!

February, 20, 2012 AT 10:18 PM

Dunno if its an internal or external type regulator we have no references to it-Have the alternator load tested to find out more what's going on-Sorry!

cadieman

February, 20, 2012 AT 10:23 PM

Have the battery and charging sys. Checked. Including the diode. Ussally the diode blows when u hook up the cable backwards

94delsol

February, 20, 2012 AT 10:36 PM

Could autozone check the carging system or would I have to take it to a special workshop?

February, 20, 2012 AT 10:47 PM

They can bench test it-

cadieman

February, 20, 2012 AT 11:17 PM

Anywhere can test it. They need to us a tester that can check the diode also. It can be checked on the car. Ty for using 2carpros

Alternator testing done right
Alternator Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Alternator Replacement Ford Super Duty
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevy 1500