DOOR PANEL

1994 Honda Civic

lopoikj

My rear door won't open from the inside and outside of the car. I think the outside is broken and the inside is not but the car door won't open at all. I've try to open from the inside and outside but still it won't open. I've also try to take out the handle in the inside of the car but nothing happens. Still won't open. I wanna take out the door panel but there is not way of taking it out. I've searched on youtube to get answers but nothing has worked so far. How can I get the door to open so I can replace the door handle and finially get the door to open and close again?

Ty Anderson

I've experienced this issue before. A few things come to mind. First the child safety lock is in the on position so the only way (normal door latch operation) to open the door is from the exterior door handle. Second, the latch has disconnected from the rods or the latch has failed entirely.
If you can remove the rear seat cushion bottom sometimes this helps to remove the interior door panel to gain access to the latch mechanism to pull or push the rods connected to the interior or exterior door levers to help open the door.
Also, you could find out way the exterior door handle is not working at this point.
Let me know what you find or have any more questions.

serenity8525

March, 9, 2015 AT 2:35 AM

Hello, I'm having the same issue. The outside door handle was broken and I didn't realize it. I out my daughters car seat in the car and clicked the child safety lock. I just need to get the door open without messing the car up. As of right now there are 2 carseats in the back and it's easy to get her into the furthest seat. However I would like the door to be usable lol. I just can't believe I turned the safety lock on.

serenity8525

March, 9, 2015 AT 2:37 AM

Could there be a way to use a "slim jim" method to open it? I know it works for unlocking doors but what about opening them?

Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Dynamat Door Installation
Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Door Lock Replacement Toyota 4Runner
Window Switch Replacement and Test