NO FUEL

• rickycole
  • 1994 Honda Accord

No fuel. Found a reman. MFR, still no fuel. Checked fuses, spark (just in case) and anything else I could think of. Do you know if the EX model has a inertia switch? Fusable link? Anything else? If not im 99% sure its the fuel pump.

Saturday, December 8th, 2012 AT 4:10 PM

• homer1967
  • 902 posts

Can you hear the pump run when you first turn on the key?

Saturday, December 8th, 2012 AT 4:36 PM
  • rickycole

No sound or fuel. I busted the bleed screw open on the fuel rail to make sure. Fusable links? Inertia switch? Or just a dead pump? Everything else has been checked.

Sunday, December 9th, 2012 AT 4:37 PM
  • homer1967
  • 902 posts

It could be any of the above, you could check for power in and out of the inertia switch, if you can access the pump, checking for power and ground there would be the best bet. Does your car have an access panel under the back seat?

Monday, December 10th, 2012 AT 1:10 AM
  • rickycole

Replaced the pump today. Tested the old one with a lead, dead as a doornail. But now im not getting power from the connection to the pump. I was sure it wasnt the MFR, im not sure if it has a fusable link or inertia switch. Ive gotten alot of no's but I ive grown to disbelieve forums. I come to you guys because most of you know what your talking about without a smartass reply. I guess ill tear back into it tomorrow and probe around. Any advice or a clear answer as to the car having an inertia switch or fusable link would be extremely helpful. Thanks guys.

Monday, December 10th, 2012 AT 4:31 AM