DIED WHILE DRIVING, AND WONT START.

1994 GMC Sonoma

DavidD88

October, 30, 2011 AT 7:38 PM

The engine shut off while driving and wont start now. It sounds like it wants to start but doesnt turn over. I pulled off the air filter cover and had a friend try and start it. It looked as if fuel was getting to the engine, I even sprayed some starting fluid and it would start. I replaced the ignition coil, distributer cap, and rotor. It started up, but died after about 3 seconds, and wont start again. Any ideas what the problem might be?

DavidD88

October, 30, 2011 AT 8:17 PM

In my question I put, I sprayed starting fluid and it would start. I meant that it WOULD NOT start.

October, 31, 2011 AT 5:37 AM

Check the fuel pressure if its within specs and injection pulses if okay-

No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right