FUEL PUMP WIRING DIAGRAM

1994 Geo Prizm

ricken23

June, 25, 2012 AT 9:42 PM

1994 geo prizm, what is wiring diagram for fuel pump plug. Replaced fuel pump, this required to replace wire plug inside sending unit to pump, now pump comes on after car is turning over, instead of before you try to turn car over. (Normally hear pump a few seconds after turn key on)
I think I may have got wires inside switched, can I switch wires on the plug outside tank, rather than take it all apart again?
thanks, Richard

saturntech9

June, 25, 2012 AT 9:59 PM

If you switch the wires further down the loom how will you even know if the wires at the connector that goes to the fuel pump are wired wrong?

ricken23

June, 25, 2012 AT 10:03 PM

It seems to be wired backwards now, fuel pump engages now when the motor turns over not, when turn key on, looking for wire diagram for the plug into sending unit

saturntech9

June, 25, 2012 AT 10:12 PM

Do you have a 1.6 or a 1.8L engine?It should run the pump when the key is turned to the run position for a couple of seconds. The power should be to the pump constant while cranking or when the engine is running.

ricken23

June, 25, 2012 AT 10:43 PM

1.6, yup but it is the opposite now, it does not prime the system, it primes when the engine is cranking.

saturntech9

June, 25, 2012 AT 11:04 PM

There is only two wires going to the fuel pump the blue wire is the power wire and the white wire with a black stripe is the ground wire. With the engine cranking the fuel pump should have power to the fuel pump.

ricken23

June, 27, 2012 AT 2:05 AM

Thanks, with the help of your color wires, I determined I wired the fuel pump wrong when installing the new one in the tank, I removed pump and changed wires around, yeah works now, thanks again.

saturntech9

June, 27, 2012 AT 2:18 AM

Your welcome thats what were here for glad to hear you got it fixed.

Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right