STALLS WHEN HOT OUTSIDE?

1994 Ford Ranger

jrh1986

July, 11, 2012 AT 10:09 PM

Hi I have a 1994 Ford ranger with a 4.0 and a automatic transmission I have a problem with stalling when it's hot outside it will stall it drives great when droved for a while it just stalls it only happens of the heat of the day I live in Texas let cool down for a while it starts up and drives great it acts like it don't have any power to keep it running please help I had it check but they didn't find anything wrong with it and didn't act up with them the fuel pressure is in specs but I don't know what's wrong please help me

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

July, 11, 2012 AT 10:17 PM

It sounds like the base idle needs to be set and the iac valve replaced. Have it checked to verify

djcl

July, 12, 2012 AT 1:10 AM

When will it stall? Whan coming to a light or when idling or under lode

jrh1986

July, 12, 2012 AT 1:37 AM

When I driving and idling it stall one time I was at the light also when driving it felt like it going to stall when I on the gas pedal it won't go when I bring it to a stop the runs and dies I tried to start it turn over and it dies again if I let it cool down for a bit it turns over and starting drive it drives ok and it stalls again like the previous action please help