I HAVE A 1994 FORD PROBE THAT I JUST REPLACED ...

1994 Ford Probe

romangalas

March, 9, 2013 AT 4:22 AM

I have a 1994 ford probe that I just replaced the throttle body on, a large amount of antifreeze leaked out while I did it, I replaced it and brought it back to normal levels. However, now when I start the car, after about a minute, it starts this rythmatic bouncing of the rpm's, from about 1000-1500.

March, 9, 2013 AT 4:47 PM

Did you replace the gasket as well? Check for vacuum leaks

why did you replace it? New or used?

romangalas

March, 9, 2013 AT 8:44 PM

New gasket, I replaced the throttle body because before it would idle too low and die while driving. Now it doesn't die. I checked all the hoses and the throttle body for vacuum leaks, didn't find any. Someone suggested it may be a sensor or maybe a setting on the throttle body.

romangalas

March, 9, 2013 AT 8:48 PM

Ive looked around online for similar situations, something called a fast idle valve? Does my Ford have this and could it be the issue

March, 9, 2013 AT 8:54 PM

Idle air control valve and yes, it is on the top of the intake. It is a common failure and it does need to be set up when done.

Once again, new or used body?

romangalas

March, 9, 2013 AT 8:56 PM

It's a used body.

March, 9, 2013 AT 9:01 PM

Ok, start by throwing that one away and put your old one back on. Clean it up real good with cleaner. Then address the isle air control.

romangalas

March, 9, 2013 AT 9:03 PM

You think the body is bad? Would brake cleaner be best? ShouldI soak it in brake cleaner?

March, 11, 2013 AT 5:53 AM

THERE'S ALSO A PROCESS THAT IS SOMETIMES NECESSARY ON THESE WILD NEW RIGS."IDLE RELEARN"

ME BEING A CARBURETOR KINDA GUY----ROY (ASEMaster6371) WILL HAVE TO LET YOU KNOW IF IT APPLIES TO YOURS OR NOT

KEEP IT UP.Y'ALL WILL GET 'ER DONE!

Replace Your Throttle Body Easily
Easily Clean Your Throttle Bore Like a Pro
Spark Plug Replacement Honda Element