HOW TO RIDE MY TRUCK A E-150

• mike3d
  • 1994 Ford E-Series Van

Have a over drive off swich at the end of colum shifter I like you to tell me when loaded or not thank you

Wednesday, June 13th, 2012 AT 3:20 AM

• caradiodoc

The transmission should be allowed to shift into overdrive at highway speeds for better fuel mileage. Press the button to disable the overdrive when pulling heavy loads or a trailer to reduce stress and overheating the transmission.

Wednesday, June 13th, 2012 AT 4:16 AM
  • mike3d

Ok if i'm loaded I should press overdrive swich off do I need to press it on the highway or it will shift by it self and when i'm on the highway and reduce speed due to trafic do I need to press the swich because a gone from 4 to 2 speed thanks

Wednesday, June 13th, 2012 AT 9:01 PM
  • caradiodoc

Under normal driving conditions you never need to touch that switch. Even if you do press it to prevent it from going into overdrive, it will reset automatically when you restart the engine. The only time to press the switch is when you're pulling a heavy load.

Wednesday, June 13th, 2012 AT 10:05 PM