DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE THE EVAPORATIVE EMISSIONS...

• Anonymous
  • 1994 FORD E-SERIES VAN

Does anyone know where the evaporative emissions canister (fuel vapor recovery system) is located on a Ford E-150 van with 5.8 liter fuel-injected engine? Also, there is a vapor recovery valve with three hoses attached that I cannot see from above the engine. Please advise as to where it is located.

Sunday, December 9th, 2012 AT 9:29 AM

• Hmac300

Check along frame by fuel tank, purge solenoid is at rear of engine

Sunday, December 9th, 2012 AT 4:15 PM
  • Bobmacmaster

Thanks much. I will look to the rear of the van for the canister. I think I found the solenoid at the rear of the engine, but I also read that there is a separate valve for the canister. The parts catalogs show a round plastic spool with several vacuum hose ports. Could that be located next to or on the evap canister?

Sunday, December 9th, 2012 AT 8:26 PM
  • Hmac300

Yes it could have the lines going right to the cannister if it isn't underhood then its' by the fuel tank. Normally there is a red connector for solenoid for cannister.

Sunday, December 9th, 2012 AT 8:35 PM
  • Bobmacmaster

Thanks again. That helps! I am headed out now to crawl under the van and inspect the area near the fuel tank for deteriorated hoses.

Sunday, December 9th, 2012 AT 8:53 PM