DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE THE EVAPORATIVE EMISSIONS...

1994 Ford E-Series Van

Anonymous

December, 9, 2012 AT 9:29 AM

Does anyone know where the evaporative emissions canister (fuel vapor recovery system) is located on a Ford E-150 van with 5.8 liter fuel-injected engine? Also, there is a vapor recovery valve with three hoses attached that I cannot see from above the engine. Please advise as to where it is located.

hmac300

December, 9, 2012 AT 4:15 PM

Check along frame by fuel tank, purge solenoid is at rear of engine

bobmacmaster

December, 9, 2012 AT 8:26 PM

Thanks much. I will look to the rear of the van for the canister. I think I found the solenoid at the rear of the engine, but I also read that there is a separate valve for the canister. The parts catalogs show a round plastic spool with several vacuum hose ports. Could that be located next to or on the evap canister?

hmac300

December, 9, 2012 AT 8:35 PM

Yes it could have the lines going right to the cannister if it isn't underhood then its' by the fuel tank. Normally there is a red connector for solenoid for cannister.

bobmacmaster

December, 9, 2012 AT 8:53 PM

Thanks again. That helps! I am headed out now to crawl under the van and inspect the area near the fuel tank for deteriorated hoses.