I KEEP GETTING A CODE 33AIR INJECTION REACTOR ...

1994 Dodge Spirit

Anonymous

December, 3, 2012 AT 4:27 AM

I keep getting a code 33-air injection reactor switch solenoid. What is this and how do I fix it? I just got the car about a month ago and I want the check engine to go away. Please help me

caradiodoc

December, 3, 2012 AT 11:11 AM

Never heard of that code so I looked it up: 33 - a/c clutch relay circuit, open or short detected

The Spirit and Acclaim never had air injection pumps.

dustinwoodworth

December, 20, 2012 AT 3:29 PM

Ive also looked that code up and.I found two answers, one being the a/c clutch relay circuit open or short detected, and the other is the air injection reactor switch solenoid. My spirit throws a code 33 once in a while as well, id like to know what I can do to keep this light out without putting electrical tepe over it. I have my a/c unplugged because I took the belt off bacause its seized. Could this be the reason why I have a light?

caradiodoc

December, 20, 2012 AT 3:35 PM

Yup. The computer may not test the circuit unless it is requesting the compressor to run, as in when using the heater in defrost mode. If the belt has been removed the clutch can remain plugged in so that code won't set. It may try to engage but the compressor won't run. The computer won't know that, or care.