GUYS MY DODGE SPIRIT IS RUNNING A LITTLE ...

• Anonymous
  • 1994 Dodge Spirit

Hi guys,
My Dodge Spirit is running a little rough right now. It hesitates on acceleration. Starts right up; idles fine, but when I get out on the road and accelerate, I keep getting this hesitation; like it's not firing on all cylinders. Just on acceleration. It has a jerky feeling to it; perhaps starving for fuel? I changed fuel filter, plugs, wires, distributer cap and rotor about 20, 00 miles ago. It's been running fine up till now. I changed cap and rotor again 2 days ago; hoping that might help, along with removing air intake from the airbox to throttle body, and I sprayed carb cleaner into the throttle body. That didn't help.
I've been driving the car to town and back like this(short drive), but don't want to push my luck. Any ideas? I also don't know where the PCV is on this car, either. Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Dale
MI

Monday, March 18th, 2013 AT 3:32 PM

• caradiodoc

Which engine do you have? Have you checked for diagnostic fault codes?

Monday, March 18th, 2013 AT 9:00 PM