94 DODGE SPIRIT 3

1994 Dodge Spirit

dustinwoodworth

November, 22, 2012 AT 1:24 PM

94 dodge spirit 3.0, ive replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter, plugs, wires, cap n rotor, o2 sensor and removed previous owners cold air intake and put it entirely back to stock. It idles perfect and if your really light on the fuel peddal its fine. Its when you wanna get somewhere and give it some gas, it chugs and misfires and shifts all funny. Ive also used a 4 gauge wire to ground the block to the body and I hollowed my converter. Only engine code I get is a 33 for something to do with th a/c. Any ideas? The top of the fuel tank is rusted out and I know theres water in my gas. When I turn left it loses all power and just about shuts off, then all of the sudden its got a ton of power and takes right off. I have no idea what it could be. Please help me.

Wrenchtech

November, 22, 2012 AT 1:45 PM

[quote]The top of the fuel tank is rusted out and I know theres water in my gas. [/Quote]

And you're asking us why it runs bad?

dustinwoodworth

November, 24, 2012 AT 1:38 AM

Well ive got the water out of the tank and put fresh gas in. It. Took it for a ride and no change. Its misfires only on a load. In other words its only when im trying to accelerate quickly when im heavy on the pedal. Do you think im due for a timing belt and tensioner swap?

Wrenchtech

November, 24, 2012 AT 1:53 AM

What's the fuel pressure when this happens?

dustinwoodworth

November, 24, 2012 AT 1:03 PM

Normal.

Wrenchtech

November, 24, 2012 AT 1:31 PM

I asked what the pressure reading was?

dustinwoodworth

November, 25, 2012 AT 5:33 AM

Well I thought that is was a fuel problem so I took it to a shop and asked to check the fuel pressure. I have like no money so thats all they did. They said it was riht where it needed to be. It was the dodge dealer here in town. I trust they would be right being a dealer and all.

dustinwoodworth

November, 26, 2012 AT 7:49 PM

Am also told that its supposed to have the timing belt replaced anywhere from 60-80k miles. I know it hasnt been changed and im at about 144k now

dustinwoodworth

December, 3, 2012 AT 3:29 AM

Well thanks for not responding to me! Dont worry. I got it figured out without your help. It was a stretched timing belt. I know to. Not. Ask you guys again. Thanks a ton!

Wrenchtech

December, 3, 2012 AT 10:39 AM

Timing belts don't stretch.

dustinwoodworth

December, 3, 2012 AT 2:04 PM

Really? My old one. Was. About 1/4" longer and STRETCHED! Ive seen it before.

Air Intake Boot Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Air Filter Replacement Toyota Tacoma V6
Air Filter Replacement
Air Filter Replacement Subaru Legacy
Air Filter Replacement