94 ES 3.0 SHIFTING AND POWER LOS PROBLEM

1994 Dodge Shadow

danil_d_

July, 27, 2011 AT 12:15 PM

I have a dodge shadow and have a strangre problem the thing is I just bought it its a 94 Dodge Shadow 6cil 3.0, the first problem is that the car temperature take to much time to get to the normal spot, then when you are taking a ride it shifts sometimes ok sometimes it take to much time to make the shift, and losses acceleration force, I have the pedal steped on all the way and it barely goes, then suddenly it gets the power. Whan then the check engine pops and and the shifting power comes agian.

Already changed the trans oil filter, the fuel filter, what could cause the problems?

fixitmr

October, 21, 2011 AT 12:11 AM

You might need a thermostat for heat and a speed sensor for trans. Have codes read to see what they say.

October, 21, 2011 AT 12:22 AM

Check engine light on
http://www.2carpros.com/articles/service-engine-soon-or-check-engine-light-on-or-flashing

Have the computer scanned for code/s-you have a problem within the engine management system that caused the CEL to turn on-This is your starting point of diagnosis,finding out what's going on.

Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Find Out How to Test Your Catalytic Converter
Fuel Filter Replacement Ford Mustang