94 CHEVY STALLING...

1994 Chevrolet Van

abuzaid

March, 22, 2012 AT 6:24 PM

The van used to die on me when driving the guy at auto zone said its a dirty fuel filter, so I replaced it, he said the pump is good because the van starts but it dies because of the dirty filter and he said that the van was probably driven with little gas or ran out of gas while driving at some point, and he it correct since the gas gauge is not working as I discovered after I bought it and drove it till it ran out of gas thinking I had a lot of gas in the tank~! Hope he is right.

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

Wrenchtech

March, 22, 2012 AT 6:45 PM

People at Autozone should stick to selling parts which is all they are qualified to do.

The fuel filter will ruin a pump long before it can effect engine performance. You need to use a fuel pressure gauge and monitor the fuel pressure to find out if you have a fuel problem or not. It's not real likely.

abuzaid

March, 22, 2012 AT 6:54 PM

What? The fuel filter will ruin a pump long before it can effect engine performance? The pump is in the tank and the filter is out side the tank after the pump. Where can I have the fuel pressure tested at?