CAN A DRIVERS SIDE WIRING HARNESS BE USED ON THE PASSENGER DOOR?

1994 Chevrolet Truck

DSKMAN

August, 9, 2012 AT 8:21 PM

Hello I have a 94 Chevy K1500 Z71 truck and I am doing the power windows becasue both did not work. The drivers side regulator was stripped so that was the problem there but the passenger side didnt move at all with either window button(drivers side or passenger side) I have a spare drivers side wiring harness can I make it work for the passenger side and how do I go about finding where my problem in the wiring is? Thanks very much
-Dan

hmac300

August, 9, 2012 AT 8:30 PM

Take a test light at the motor and see if it's getting power. If it is it may be the motor.

DSKMAN

August, 9, 2012 AT 9:56 PM

I have done that already and no its not the motor we have also put it in the plug that goes into the switch and at first we were getting about 5 volts then nothing so

hmac300

August, 9, 2012 AT 11:03 PM

Check to see if the harness is broken betweent he door an dpost, they do that as well the wires are different color between doors and I think different connectors as well

DSKMAN

August, 10, 2012 AT 12:32 AM

Nevermind I got it it was a bad switch on the passenger side

Window Regulator and Motor Replacement Honda
Fix a Door That Will Not Close With Ease
Window Switch Replacement and Test
Dynamat Door Installation