THE HEAT IN THE CAR IS NOT WORKING THE FAN IS ...

1994 Chevrolet Suburban

Anonymous

December, 19, 2012 AT 8:45 PM

The heat in the car is not working, the fan is working but the water temp is not rising. Could be the thermostat or something else? Thanks

Thermostat

Thermostat

Docfixit

December, 19, 2012 AT 8:47 PM

Good place to start change out thermostat

Wrenchtech

December, 19, 2012 AT 8:50 PM

You need to have some idea what is going on before you start throwing parts at it. It sounds like you are assuming engine temp but have not confirmed anything.

With the engine at full operating temp, locate the 2 heater hoses where they go into the firewall and feel them to see if they are both hot to the touch. If only one is hot, the heater core may be plugged. F neither is hot, the engine temp may be low. If they are both hot, the heat in that vehicle is controlled by a blend door that regulates heated air flow. It is operated by an electric motor/actuator. The problem can be that the actuator is stripped or inoperative or the door itself could be damaged. This is what needs to be determined by examining the actuator and see if it is responding to heat change commands or not.

DanaG1

December, 19, 2012 AT 9:04 PM

Hopefully that will fix the problem, but I wondr, what else I should do if it is not the thermostat?

Thermostat Replacement Chrysler PT Cruiser
Thermostat Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Thermostat Replacement Chevrolet Blazer