HAVE A 1994 CHEVY SILVERADO K1500 4X4

1994 Chevrolet Silverado

Anonymous

February, 14, 2013 AT 3:17 PM

Have a 1994 chevy silverado k1500 (4x4). Just had a new crate engine installed, 3 days later transmission starts acting up. Was working fine when cold, when warmed up, wouldnt go into 1st, started out in second & wonuldnt go into over drive. Now starts out in 2nd & no OD. I'm thinking it could be the automatic transmission shift solenoid valves ( both ) Just asking if this is a reasonable guess or should I be looking at something else?

hmac300

February, 14, 2013 AT 3:24 PM

It's in limp mode and will only go to 2nd. Have a trans guy scan for codes and check electrical out

CSA1

February, 14, 2013 AT 3:30 PM

It shift from 2nd to 3rd. No trans guy can get to it for 2 weeks, need it running yesterday. Have some expereince in auto repair ( GM engine tech back 22 years ago ) can the shift valves be ohmed to determine a bad switch?

hmac300

February, 14, 2013 AT 3:34 PM

They can be as well as voltage sent to them but I may not be a shift valve there are several electrical things that operate it it cold be not engouhg pressure etc. Sorry about your luck but without scanning it you are goin in blind and for all you know it may be a bad seal or clutch as well.

CSA1

February, 14, 2013 AT 4:57 PM

Just borrowed a computer to hook to the truck, showed solenoid 2, 3 has faulty voltage, so going to change them both & check all the wriring. Thanks : )

hmac300

February, 14, 2013 AT 5:50 PM

If it has faulty voltage check by the connector outside the trans it may not be pushed in all the way or a wire broke etc. Maybe this will help see pic

hmac300

February, 14, 2013 AT 5:51 PM

There is also a fusible link by junction block near battery it's an orange wire check that

Transmission Service Toyota Tacoma
Transmission Service Ford Super Duty F-250
Transmission Drain and Refill Kia Sportage
Automatic Transmission Service
Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz