HAVE A 1994 CHEVY SILVERADO K1500 4X4.

• Anonymous
  • 1994 CHEVROLET SILVERADO

Have a 1994 chevy silverado k1500 (4x4). Just had a new crate engine installed, 3 days later transmission starts acting up. Was working fine when cold, when warmed up, wouldnt go into 1st, started out in second & wonuldnt go into over drive. Now starts out in 2nd & no OD. I'm thinking it could be the automatic transmission shift solenoid valves ( both ) Just asking if this is a reasonable guess or should I be looking at something else?

Thursday, February 14th, 2013 AT 3:17 PM

• Hmac300

It's in limp mode and will only go to 2nd. Have a trans guy scan for codes and check electrical out

Thursday, February 14th, 2013 AT 3:24 PM
  • CSA1

It shift from 2nd to 3rd. No trans guy can get to it for 2 weeks, need it running yesterday. Have some expereince in auto repair ( GM engine tech back 22 years ago ) can the shift valves be ohmed to determine a bad switch?

Thursday, February 14th, 2013 AT 3:30 PM
  • Hmac300

They can be as well as voltage sent to them but I may not be a shift valve there are several electrical things that operate it it cold be not engouhg pressure etc. Sorry about your luck but without scanning it you are goin in blind and for all you know it may be a bad seal or clutch as well.

Thursday, February 14th, 2013 AT 3:34 PM
  • CSA1

Just borrowed a computer to hook to the truck, showed solenoid 2, 3 has faulty voltage, so going to change them both & check all the wriring. Thanks :)

Thursday, February 14th, 2013 AT 4:57 PM
  • Hmac300

If it has faulty voltage check by the connector outside the trans it may not be pushed in all the way or a wire broke etc. Maybe this will help see pic

Thursday, February 14th, 2013 AT 5:50 PM
  • Hmac300

There is also a fusible link by junction block near battery it's an orange wire check that

Thursday, February 14th, 2013 AT 5:51 PM