MY CAR TURNS OVER BUT IT WONT START

1994 Chevrolet Lumina

Anonymous

My car turns over but it wont start. I checked the fuel pump, spark plugs and wires, alternator, and battery. They all seem to be in working condition the only other think I can think of is a sensor somewhere.

Have a helper crank it, while you visually check for spark at the spark plugs. If you have spark everywhere, use a gage and check fuel pressure.
To check for spark, pull a spark plug wire loose, use a known good spark plug or spark tester in the spark plug boot, ground tester to metal part of engine. Have helper crank, watch for spark at the tester. The autostore sell a cheap spark tester.

Also, check for applicable mil codes. You can check those codes, yourself. You use a jumper wire between the A & B terminals at the datalink connector. Turn the key just till the dash lites come on, no further. The mil lamp on the dash starts flashing, you count the flashes to get the codes. Your looking for two digit codes.

Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Spark Plug Replacement Honda Element
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Corolla 2000-20
Spark Plug and Wire Replacement Ford Mustang