The alarm on the car was set but the remote broke and won't turn the alarm off

KISHASHUSBAND
  • 1994 CADILLAC STS

How do I get the alarm off so I can drive to work The alarm system on the car set itself and the remote refuses to work the car still will start but the alarm won't stop I cut the car off wait 5 minutes and the alarm cuts off how do I get alarm off so it won't go off everytime I touch the car

Wednesday, February 8th, 2012 AT 2:35 PM

I hate to say it, but you need it checked by a dealer to confirm what the problem is. They have the proper test equipment. Anything I would say would be a guess.

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Wednesday, February 8th, 2012 AT 8:17 PM
FACTORYJACK

Try turning a key in the door lock cylinder in the unlock direction, There is a switch on the door cylinder that should disable the content theft deterrent alarm. Here is the hitch, if that switch is malfunctioning, it may not work. I don't remember if there is a passenger door lock cylinder, but if there is and the driver doesn't work, try the same procedure in the passenger door.

Thursday, February 9th, 2012 AT 3:47 AM