WON'T START AFTER BEING TURNED OFF

1994 Cadillac Deville

psatkinson

July, 13, 2010 AT 10:11 AM

1994 Cadillac Deville V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 150000 miles

When the car starts it starts instantly and runs great. But if I turn it off for even a minute (like to get gas or shop) it is a crap shoot if it will start again any time soon.

So far it has always started after sitting, it can take anywhere from 5 minutes to 2 hours, and this does not seem to be related to how long it was running.

For example, I can go 300 miles, get gas, car wont start, wait 5 minutes, car starts.

drive 1 mile, run in to store, car wont start, wait 1 and 1/2 hours, car starts.

or any of the above, and the car will start just fine, run errands all day with no problem.

Has a new starter and relatively new battery.

Docfixit

July, 13, 2010 AT 2:08 PM

Hi
Got possible two things one loses spark or fuel. So next time it won't start pull plug wire see if there is spark if good then spray carb cleaner into throttle see if it fires.
Let me know
Thanks for donate

dwb812

September, 20, 2011 AT 8:22 PM

I have a similar problem with my 94 Doc and it runs great with someone spraying fuel mist into the throttle body. No spin up on the fuel pump so I'm assuming it's that.

rivermikerat

November, 28, 2011 AT 2:36 AM

Psatkinso, did you get your issue resolved?

Dwb812, check to see if the pump is receiving power. If not, check the fuse and relay.

cadieman

November, 28, 2011 AT 3:05 AM

CHECK THE FUEL PUMP FUSE IN THE R/SIDE UNDER DASH RELAY PANEL. IF OK YOULL NEED TO PUT A FUEL PUMP GAUGE ON AND GET THE PRESSURE WHEN IT WONT START.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right