PLEASE HELPP

1994 Cadillac Concours

dgh1121

August, 17, 2011 AT 11:13 PM

I just replaced the tensioner assembly on my 94 cadi deville concours because for a week or so soething tarted to squeal then it started sounding gravely well sunday I paid my cellhone bill and came out to start it upand it would just click so I changed the pulley then the assembly then the bttery the funny thing was when we had the tensioner tool releasing tensionon it it would crank up anybody tell e what I can do?

factoryjack

August, 18, 2011 AT 3:39 AM

So if I am understanding correctly, it will crank when the belt tension is released? I would guess that something belt driven is seized. Take the belt off, and spin each pulley by hand. I would speculate it is the alternator, or a/c drive pulley, but check them all. The squealing that you had may have been an early warning sign of a belt driven accessory failing.

dgh1121

August, 18, 2011 AT 4:29 AM

Ok I will is the crank shaft pulley supposed to move?

dgh1121

August, 18, 2011 AT 4:33 AM

Still dont see how itd be the alternator tho cuz it cranks up at least

factoryjack

August, 18, 2011 AT 5:00 AM

When the engine is cranking, the crankshaft pulley will rotate. It should not have any movement otherwise, and you probably will not have enough strength to turn it by hand. If it still doesn't crank with the belt removed, then you would turn the crankshaft by the balancer bolt(19mm) to see that the engine will turn.

dgh1121

August, 18, 2011 AT 5:01 AM

Ok just makin sure and it does crank with the belt off I changed the tensioner and from what I can tell they all move good

factoryjack

August, 18, 2011 AT 6:25 PM

If it cranks without the belt on, there has to be something seized. You turned all accessories, alternator, a/c compressor, power steering pump, idler, and tensioner?

Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Battery Replacement