WHY DOES MY TURN SIGNAL FUSE KEEP BLOWING,? I HAVE NO TURN SIGNALS.

1994 Cadillac Concours

CHEF1

February, 11, 2012 AT 10:07 PM

My turn signals and flashers stopped working, I took it in to my mechanic and he told me it was the turn signal switch. I replaced the switch. Before this the fuse was blowing for the turn signals. So I replaced the switch and fuse, then I turned the car on and the turn signal worked momentarily and stopped. So I checked the fuse again and it blew. What next? I dont know if theres a short or what. What do I do?

February, 11, 2012 AT 10:13 PM

The wiring is shorted out before or after the switch

CHEF1

February, 11, 2012 AT 10:31 PM

I just put a brand new turn signal switch in. Do I follow the wiring from the connector to the fuse panel in the trunk?

February, 11, 2012 AT 10:56 PM

Check it at the connector to the fuse block

CHEF1

February, 15, 2012 AT 8:40 PM

Thank you for your imformation, turns out that the fuse that was rated for the system is the wrong fuse, it says it requires a 10 amp. Checked the box with amp. Meter and it turns out to require a 20 amp. Fuse. So much for schematics in the book. Thank you for your help. Turn signals are working fine now.

February, 15, 2012 AT 9:36 PM

Your welcome

Replace Your Turn Signal Switch Like a Pro