CHECK ENGINE LIGHT

1994 Acura Vigor

jokersma

November, 23, 2010 AT 8:37 PM

After my 1994 acura vigor was parked about a month, the battery was completely dead. After charging the battery I started the car and driving it a short distance, the check engine light came on. How do I find the codes for this problem

Wrenchtech

November, 23, 2010 AT 9:05 PM

1. Connect the service check connector terminals with a jumper wire as shown (the service check connector (2P) is located under the dash on the passenger side of the car). Turn the ignition switch on.

2. Note the Diagnostic Trouble Code: The malfunction indicator lamp indicates a code by the length and number of blinks. The malfunction indicator lamp can indicate simultaneous component problems by blinking separate codes, one after another. Codes 1 through 9 are indicated by individual short blinks. Codes 10 through 53 are indicated by a series of long and short blinks. The number of long blinks equals the first digit, the number of short blinks equals the second digit.