My car will not start

BUTLERE
  • 1994 ACURA LEGEND

My timing was off I get right now, but it will not crank up. It has no fire up.

Monday, December 26th, 2011 AT 11:18 PM

SATURNTECH9

Did you do a compression test since your timing was off? You could have bent some valves? Did it run before you replaced the timing belt? Why did you replace the timing belt?

Monday, December 26th, 2011 AT 11:25 PM
BUTLERE

The timing was off. It ran before after I did it. I reset it and it will not run now.

Monday, December 26th, 2011 AT 11:35 PM
BUTLERE

I had the timing set he messed up, so reset the timing I am not getting any fire/gas.

Monday, December 26th, 2011 AT 11:38 PM
SATURNTECH9

So you replaced the belt because it jumped? Or it jumped and you just readjusted the belt to the correct timing? Is the timing correct now?

Monday, December 26th, 2011 AT 11:41 PM
BUTLERE

Has compression at the timing mark.

Monday, December 26th, 2011 AT 11:51 PM
SATURNTECH9

So its timed correctly now? What are your compression readings for each cylinder?

Monday, December 26th, 2011 AT 11:59 PM
BUTLERE

I do not know.

Tuesday, December 27th, 2011 AT 12:16 AM
SATURNTECH9

If I am going to help you I need answers to the questions I ask. I am not there and do not know the history of the car. It is hard enough trying to help someone fix a car from the internet. Since I cannot see it or test it myself I need answers.

Tuesday, December 27th, 2011 AT 12:27 AM
BUTLERE

My car will not crank over. I had my water pump replaced. When I got it back the engine was running very rough. So I installed new spark plugs and the crankshaft position sensor. It stall will not crank over. The starter is turning the engine, I get spark on gas. I have the theft deterrent system. Can it stop my PCM from signal fuel pump and engine to crank>

Tuesday, December 27th, 2011 AT 3:11 AM
SATURNTECH9

Alright I get the back story on this one very helpful thank you. So before the water was changed how did it run? Did it come back from the shop from getting the water pump changed out of time? Who re timed it correctly? Is this a factory alarm that came from the factory with car that was not added later your asking about?

Tuesday, December 27th, 2011 AT 3:23 AM
BUTLERE

I reset the timing I have repair manual. Yes the alarm is factory. I set it to TDC mark and I have compression at that mark.

Tuesday, December 27th, 2011 AT 3:44 AM
SATURNTECH9

What do you mean the engine has compression at TDC? How exactly did you check the compression? Do not spare the details.

Tuesday, December 27th, 2011 AT 4:08 AM
SATURNTECH9

Is that how you lined everything up? Like I posted in the diagram?

Tuesday, December 27th, 2011 AT 4:51 AM
BUTLERE

I turned the crankshaft it get harder to turn. Yes I have that diagram to on my pc. The car did this before I reset timing and it crank right up the timing was not right so reset the timing now will not crank up.

Tuesday, December 27th, 2011 AT 5:38 AM
SATURNTECH9

To check the compression you remove all the spark plugs get a compression tester screw the tester into a plug hole. Disable the spark and fuel then hold the gas pedal all the way to floor and crank the engine over ten rotations. Then record the readings and move on to the next cylinder to you have done all of the cylinders. Your way is not the correct way and does not tell you if you have good enough compression to run. It is also scary it ran before you re timed it. You should have brought it back to where you got the water pump on if it was not running right and incorrectly timed.

Tuesday, December 27th, 2011 AT 6:46 AM
BUTLERE

The engine will not crank up the starter motor turns the engine. I am not getting gas or spark now.

Tuesday, December 27th, 2011 AT 2:10 PM
SATURNTECH9

Can we at least check the compression before we deal with the spark and fuel? How do you know you do not have fuel did you check the fuel pressure with a fuel pressure gauge? Also, how did you check for spark? They rent fuel pressure gauges and compression testers at auto zone. Also, have you checked for codes yet?

Tuesday, December 27th, 2011 AT 6:49 PM
BOOKIE
  • 1994 ACURA LEGEND

Six cylinder front wheel drive automatic 195,000 miles

I have a remote start on my car, recently this is the only way I can start my car. It will not start manually.
Please tell me what the problem is. Thank you

Monday, March 6th, 2017 AT 3:47 PM (Merged)
KHLOW2008

Hi Bookie,

I suspect the ignition switch is faulty.

Does the dash indicator lights show with ignition on and while cranking?

GARY
  • 1994 ACURA LEGEND

Hello, I know the common not starting issues with the relay. I have replaced it (was bad) install a new battery and I can get it to run if I spray starting fluid into it. I found a wire diagram you have posted for someone.