I HEAR A SQUEAKING NOISE WHEN I TURN FROM THE ...

1993 Volkswagen Golf

teddiesahawneh

December, 22, 2012 AT 12:16 PM

I hear a squeaking noise when I turn from the front suspension

exovcds

December, 22, 2012 AT 6:19 PM

Noises can not be easily identified over the internet... as vehicles age, rubber bushings in the suspension can cause squeaks. Ball joints at the base
of the steering knuckle (the wheels attach to it) can cause squeaks as well. So there are several things in the suspension that can cause noises.

The best thing to do is to raise one side / corner at a time, grab the wheel, and move it by hand side to side and up / down... feel for free-play.

If everything feels tight, then at least you know that you do not have any worn / loose components.

If you take it to a shop for a free test drive around the block, I'm sure that they might be able to suggest where the noise is coming from... once
they hear it... at least that is how I deal with noises where I work. Test drive first, then I lift it on the hoist.

If you hear the squeak while you are turning the steering wheel (engine ON, car is NOT moving)... then you have a loose power steering belt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVPKvza3kSw

Thomas

exovcds

December, 23, 2012 AT 6:38 PM

Any update?

Thomas

Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevy 1500
 Oil Change & Filter Ford Explorer 2000-2005
Oil Change and Filter Replacement - Ford F150