MY VAN IS STALLING WHEN I COME TO A STOP

• HGIBSON
  • 1993 Volkswagen Eurovan

Hello, I have a 1993 vw eurovan that stalls when in drive and coming to an abrupt stop, It will start back up immediately. If you come to a very gentle stop while in drive the engine corrects itself enough not to stall, it also idles very rough while in gear. I WILL NEED THIS SERVICE IN THE FUTURE TO HELP MAINTAIN MY EUROVAN, WAS GIVEN THIS VAN AND WANT TO MAKE ROAD WORTHY, WILL DONATE IN THE FUTURE, THANK YOU

Tuesday, November 8th, 2011 AT 11:20 PM

• hmac300

Try cleaning the throttleplate with choke cleaner on both sides as well as the iac hole. It willstart hard after doing this and make sure air duct is connected.

Wednesday, November 9th, 2011 AT 1:08 AM
  • HGIBSON

DRIVERS SIDE CV AXLE HAS COME UNBOLTED 2 TIMES NOW. ANY IDEAS ON WHY CV AXLE FLANGE BOLTS RE COMING LOOSE? THANK YOU, HEATH GIBSON.

Tuesday, November 29th, 2011 AT 10:19 PM
  • hmac300

Put some blue loctite on the bolts, you'll have to take them out to do this. Then reinstall them and torque then to specs. If it's the outer bolt then get a new one and torque it to 148'# if it's the flange bolts they torque at 59'#

Tuesday, November 29th, 2011 AT 11:37 PM
  • vwscott

Egr valve or solenoid also a possibility

Saturday, July 7th, 2012 AT 1:22 AM