MY VAN IS STALLING WHEN I COME TO A STOP

1993 Volkswagen Eurovan

HGIBSON

November, 8, 2011 AT 11:20 PM

Hello, I have a 1993 vw eurovan that stalls when in drive and coming to an abrupt stop, It will start back up immediately. If you come to a very gentle stop while in drive the engine corrects itself enough not to stall, it also idles very rough while in gear. I WILL NEED THIS SERVICE IN THE FUTURE TO HELP MAINTAIN MY EUROVAN, WAS GIVEN THIS VAN AND WANT TO MAKE ROAD WORTHY, WILL DONATE IN THE FUTURE, THANK YOU

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

hmac300

November, 9, 2011 AT 1:08 AM

Try cleaning the throttleplate with choke cleaner on both sides as well as the iac hole. It willstart hard after doing this and make sure air duct is connected.

HGIBSON

November, 29, 2011 AT 10:19 PM

DRIVERS SIDE CV AXLE HAS COME UNBOLTED 2 TIMES NOW. ANY IDEAS ON WHY CV AXLE FLANGE BOLTS RE COMING LOOSE? THANK YOU, HEATH GIBSON.

hmac300

November, 29, 2011 AT 11:37 PM

Put some blue loctite on the bolts, you'll have to take them out to do this. Then reinstall them and torque then to specs. If it's the outer bolt then get a new one and torque it to 148'# if it's the flange bolts they torque at 59'#

vwscott

July, 7, 2012 AT 1:22 AM

Egr valve or solenoid also a possibility