GL SAT FIRS IT STALLED NOW IT WONT START

1993 Volkswagen Eurovan

2CarPros-Archives

October, 13, 2010 AT 5:48 AM

1993 Volkswagen Eurovan GL mileage: 102,000. My van would stall when I first started in the morning or whenever it would sit for a while. Last Friday I was stopped at stop sign and when I went to put my foot on the gas pedal it stalled out and would not start. It would turn over but it sounded like it was not getting gas to the engine. Could it be a fuel pump problem? In addition, for the last few months, I can smell gasoline. I had a tune up at VW dealership and they said I had a small fuel leak (I had that repaired a year ago to the month) not to worry about it for now. What could be the problem: fuel pump?

2CarPros-Archives

October, 13, 2010 AT 5:55 AM

Yes, your problem could be the fuel pump. In addition, your car is equipped with a computer controlled engine management system. An independent auto service center can scan your computer for fault or error codes. The information should pinpoint the malfunctioning components.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right