BOOT LOCK KEEPS OPENING WHILE DRIVING

1993 Skoda Fabia

shaun 2

July, 2, 2012 AT 10:25 AM

Lock keeps opening while driving

Wiring Issue?

July, 2, 2012 AT 5:15 PM

Our database does not have any information on your vehicle so I do not know the system used.

Is the boot lock electrically operated by switch and remote? Try umnplugging the switch. If by remote, ensure the button is good. A bad switch under the button can self-trigger.

shaun 2

July, 3, 2012 AT 9:04 AM

The car is not mine its is my partners and I am not sure if it is not a 92 plate. The boot is released by a handle which is down on the right hand side of the drivers seat. Hope to hear from you soon, thanks

shaun 2

July, 3, 2012 AT 12:11 PM

I am sorry the car is on a 52 plate but not registered until 2003. The boot release is still by the side of the drivers seat. Sorry for the confusion

July, 3, 2012 AT 12:58 PM

For cable operated locks, you need to check the cable. There must be sufficient slack for the lath to lock correctly. Ensure the floor mat is not inteferring wih the release lever. If there are no problems with the above, the latch needs to be replaced.

Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Honda Element
Oil Change and Filter Replacement Ford Focus
Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Engine Oil Change and Filter
Brake Pad/Brake Rotor Replacement - Rear
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement - Front